Thursday 13 June 2013

Finishing off

It’s been a week of finishing things off. The prints for Lesley’s exchange have now reached their destinations. Here is my contribution.  It is an etching. The plate is aluminium etched in copper sulphate using a mixture of traditional and ‘green’ grounds.


It looks a bit drab next to the colour of all the others. (Gina has posted the full set on her blog.)

I’ve also finished the first alphabet for ALAW. I’ve used a simple Japanese stab binding to hold the pages together.


3 comments:

  1. I love what you did to bind together ALAW. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALAW is something I often wish I'd taken part in and seeing your book makes me wish that all over again. Love the way you've created the images and isolated them in the landscape format of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Japanese stab binding is perfect for this book (It's also one of my favourites)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.