Friday 5 December 2014

Holes

After deciding that the bookworm book was the wrong size for the parameters of the ‘Holes’ swop (Artist Books 3.0) I decided to revisit family photographs again.

When looking through old photos we usually can recognise Aunty Jean or Cousin Fred but often in a group there is someone who nobody can identify. I decided to use this idea of missing identity and take it further by taking the anonymous person out of the image altogether leaving a hole where they had been.

The images are all presented in scans of different sized photoframes.
This frame theme continues on the front and the back of the book

4 comments:

  1. Great idea Jac,I have been using empty figure outlines of an abstract nature and filling them with interesting text,maps,music etc but love the photo context.The photo frames as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Everytime I think I've done all I can with this box of photos I find myself going back to it.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting and poignant idea, especially to think that the anonymous person or persons have been forgotten in time. Great book and blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Best wishes for the new year.

      Delete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.