Friday 6 February 2015

Printed Shops

My wonderful kids bought me membership of the Hot Bed Press for Christmas so yesterday I took my colour separations to play with the risograph.
It took a while to remember how to use it (I couldn’t find my notes from last September’s workshop) but eventually I managed a rack of prints.

Just black ....

2 colour separation in different colour ways (I had anticipated using yellow and black to echo the belisha beacon on the zebra crossing but there wasn’t any yellow ink)....

And three colour separation.

There are restrictions with the process. Registration isn’t completely accurate (though you can fiddle with placing the overlapping colours a bit) and colours are limited (I'm going to have to avoid the temptation to overuse this glorious pink) but I'm thoroughly enjoying using it. I want to try two sided printing next.

3 comments:

  1. They all look fabulous from here! I think the colour ways work beautifully - they are certainly vibrant. Looking froward to seeing more of the glorious pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    I've got sidetracked now into trying to combine word and image in overlapping layers and I'm trying to persuade my self that the pink is the perfect colour for a rather dark subject matter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids do seem quite wonderful! You must be very proud

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.