Sunday 17 July 2016

Yet Another Try

I went to Hot Bed Press to print on Friday fully intending to redo the perspective book as a soft ground etching but when I looked more closely at the first plate and the test prints I decided that most of the problems were down to wiping not biting so I’m going to think about book covers and paper weight then try printing it again later.

So having nothing else prepared I decided to have another go at gum arabic transfer for resist.
 I still over cooked it in the solution but the resist took much better than last time. 
 The raggedness of the text I think was due to me jiggling the bath while the plate was biting. Not an intentional effect but one I will bear in mind for the future.

I also tried adding gum arabic transfer on top of the etching.
 And reprinting the etching plate on top of that. 
Then home and a trip to Ormskirk where the opening of the West Lancs Open Exhibition was taking place in the Chapel Gallery. I’m please to say that both Rapunzelle and Concession Pereptuelle were accepted

2 comments:

  1. I have an image all prepared and ready to do with the transfer onto aluminium but I keep stalling! I like your effect with the text in the background. Mine has text too and now you've made me want to get on with it. I am going to do it this week and see if I can be half as successful as you. Well done on your selection to the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your trasfer. Looking forward to seeing the results.

      Delete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.