Saturday 2 January 2021

Moving into the new year

My puppets are slowly developing into print. I've got the first block drawn out ready to start working into.


While I was doing that I had some ideas for the words for the slotted tab book that I was working on before Christmas. 

The words impose a structure because they have to be revealed in the right order, but I still want the feel of meandering, not straight forward page turning, while reading it. I also want it to look like a section of maze when it is opened out.
 



This is a mock up which uses the slot and tab and the woven paper joinings that I have been exploring recently. Now I need to work on the imagery and refine the text.

1 comment:

  1. the mock up already looks great. Curious about 'the real stuff' ! Best wishes for 2021. Let's enjoy the little things a bit more in the new year !

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.