Thursday 11 October 2012

How time flies.....


I can't believe its been so long since my last post. Term has started with a vengeance and so have panto preparations. This year we are doing "Wind in the willows". I really enjoy painting the backdrops, how often do you get to paint on 20ft  by 10 ft canvases.

I've been trying to persuade the printer to cooperate with Photoshop and print the colors I want for "Rapunzel". I think I've made progress and am going to risk a final dummy before hopefully printing out the whole edition.(Have I said this before!)

I've  been thinking about how to construct "Where the dead live". I want the pages to hang from the support. I have been experimenting with stitching through the pages and using eyelets.


















I've been considering whether it is possible to respond to the idea of a locket as a repository for memories and using jewelery findings as part of the structure.

















I thought about using metal leaf to gild or part gild the cover but couldn't find any stockists locally (I don't want to make a major internet purchase if I won't use it). Silver paint just looked awful. I'm holding fire on this until I've been to the Manchester Book Fair on Saturday I'm hoping one of the suppliers there will have something to inspire me.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your projects Jac, they're coming together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is getting more and more interesting, I hope you'll find the material you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm considering findings, too!
    Your piece is coming together nicely. Well, ok, you have had hiccups, but as you blog it it is looking good.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.