Wednesday 20 September 2017

Recycling

Whilst we were in France over Easter we drank a lot of tea and I had this bright idea of drying the bags, putting things inside them and making a book. When I tried it the bags weren’t transparent enough but I couldn’t bring myself to throw them away. Home they came – Yorkshire Teabags that had travelled full to the supermarche in France and then back empty to Lancashire – a lot of air miles.I decided it was time to stop keep moving them out of the way in the workroom and actually use them for something.

I wanted to use text but also to keep it quite simple. So I got out some rubber stamp letters that I’ve had for years and never used and started to play. The first thing I realised was that the words would have to be no longer than 5 letters long to fit onto the bags. This limited the possibilities but I thought “Tea for Two” was quite apt and I wasn’t after deep and meaningful. 

A bit of paint to heighten the contrast with the lettering and .....
Keeping it simple, for the backs I made stamps, a teapot and two cups, out of foam and milk bottle plastic....
I thought putting them in a box was more in keeping than binding them into a book.

5 comments:

  1. Love these play times and the freedom to just go and make something - and the resolution is great! I like them unbound in their box; just right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Sometimes things just have to hang around, getting in the way,to give me the push to use them

      Delete
  2. This brings a smile to my face. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed ages since I'd made something simple and (relatively) quick. I think I might try doing more weekend projects in the future

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.