Because it’s panto time again (appropriately enough its Babes in the Wood this year) It has taken longer than I’d have liked to get this far. So much time has been taken up painting backdrops and making props. The dress rehearsal was yesterday and this week sees the final rehearsal and performances on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Yesterday I realised there was no way I could get the prints finished, dried and made into the book I wanted by the beginning of December in time for the NWBC meeting. So I’ve started rethinking. Fiddling with ideas lead me to tunnel books and star books.
I still want to incorporate the idea of the farms now hidden underneath the woodland. If I want colour I’m going to have to use acrylic paint rather than oil based inks.To see if these ideas are feasible I need to bite the bullet and start painting.