Friday 26 June 2020

Meandering

Having had a dabble with some paint I went back to the Chessmen.

I decided that part of the problem was the binding I was trying to use.

I liked the square motif that the binding strips left but was struggling with the way they cut into the text. So rethink, keep the squares and ditch the binding.

I used text I'd already written out and the charcoal drawings to make a tiny mock up of a meander book.

I think this works so much better than the original book structure. I've already redone the extra lettering I need, resized and cropped the images and have made printing plates on the laser printer.

I'm going to try using acrylic and see if I can apply some of the colour mixing from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.