I started cutting up bits of old gelli print. The complete circles are great and I have an idea in mind for them but what caught my eye were the ones where the paper shifted and I’d abandoned the cut. I realised I’d made flaps.
Which led to more playing on scrap white paper to look at structures and flaps.
Which led to this..
I liked the back where the pages interlock.
So I put a clear plastic cover on to protect it. Then made another with a shaped front.
Which led to shaping the flaps on the left side.
I’m thinking about making a finished version of each. I’m not sure about content yet. The interlocking circles, which allow the viewer to see a tiny bit of the next circle, seem to be relating to each other.
I'm looking forward to playing with it a bit more.