Saturday, 26 October 2013

Repurposed letters

I started to clear out my workspace and got sidetracked by the cut out letter forms left over from the book I made for the first ALAW alphabet.

I thought they'd make a good collagraph plate but I was experimenting with water soluble ink and I think that the paper was too wet.

 Its a shame that I remembered to reverse the letters because I think I prefer the block

Friday, 4 October 2013

Not much happening......

I haven’t disappeared its just that work has been manic (and is set to continue so for the next few weeks). Added to this I’ve just become a grandma.

The only picture making I’ve managed to do this month has been for teaching purpose, though I may follow these digital images through into print after using them in class.

Also I’ve managed to keep up with ALAW, starting to stitch a book structure for mounting the letters in.