Sunday, 19 August 2018

X cut experiments

We’ve just got back from holiday, staying with friends in France.

It was very hot so we spent as much time as possible in the shade but I did do some work in Mary’s atelier. I’d bought an X cut die cutting machine in the sale a while ago and I’ve been reading about its use as a printing press so I decided to take it with me and do some experimenting.
It printed collagraphs reasonably, though it couldn’t deal with some of the depth of texture. I think at some later date I’ll have a go with lightly etched plate and relief printing.
There was an email waiting when I got back letting me know that the exhibition date for the lockout book is the 5th of October. However the deadline for photographs for the catalogue is the 1st September. I need to do some serious sewing.