Saturday, 12 December 2015

Editioning and Monoprinting

It’s one thing to use up scrap and leftover papers to work out an idea in rough but I’ve no idea what I was thinking when I decided it would be a good idea to use gelli plate monoprints to produce an edition of 12 books.
However, many prints later, I have now made 24 large envelopes for the covers and 72 small envelopes and 36 prints to make the inside pages.
 All I have to do now is assemble them all.
Oh yes, and then make more prints to cut up to put inside the  small envelopes

Friday, 4 December 2015

Bits and pieces

The end of November is when the drama society put on our pantomime (this year it was Cinderella). This means not much else gets done.Though I have had another go at CMYK separation gum arabic prints using my own and photoshoped family photographs for the image. The technique seems to be working but cumulatively the colours are too dark. I think I’ll try the same images again after Christmas but next time I’ll put quite a bit more extender in the ink to make it more transparent.