It has been a busy few days with progress on several
On Friday I printed the plate for the asemic writing
book.It worked much better than I thought
it would. Now all I have to do is come up with covers for it.
On Saturday I led a workshop at the NWBA meeting.We made blizzard books based on the new Hedi
Kyle book. This is ‘the one I made earlier’ as an example.
And over the weekend I finished the “’Reflections’ book (although
not in time for the meeting).
To cover the boards that make up the pages I was going to make
gelli prints with semi transparent colours over the top of printouts of dictionary
definitions. But I made a discovery. When I smoothed the print on top of the
paint I realised that it had taken paint off where the paper surface touched
the plate but had left the text behind. This successfully printed off onto another
piece of paper. (I’ve since read about the process on the internet but I hadn’t
heard about it before). So I decided to make gelli printed text instead.
I mounted the prints onto equilateral triangles of mount board
and added mirrors and used a wire edge binding technique to assemble the book