On Friday I printed the plate for the asemic writing book. It worked much better than I thought it would. Now all I have to do is come up with covers for it.
On Saturday I led a workshop at the NWBA meeting. We made blizzard books based on the new Hedi Kyle book. This is ‘the one I made earlier’ as an example.
And over the weekend I finished the “’Reflections’ book (although not in time for the meeting).
To cover the boards that make up the pages I was going to make gelli prints with semi transparent colours over the top of printouts of dictionary definitions. But I made a discovery. When I smoothed the print on top of the paint I realised that it had taken paint off where the paper surface touched the plate but had left the text behind. This successfully printed off onto another piece of paper. (I’ve since read about the process on the internet but I hadn’t heard about it before). So I decided to make gelli printed text instead.
I must admit I’m rather pleased with it.