Saturday 10 May 2014

Experimenting with structure

I started by thinking about structure.
I decided that I didn’t want to digitally print this book edition (partially because the printer is having a real strop, banding everything - I think it might be time for it to retire). But I also wanted to make the print seem relatively seamless so several separate blocks were probably not going to work.
My solution - monoprints. I decided, on the basis of having so far made 22 tiny alphabet prints for ALAW, that the obvious solution was to use a 25x20cm gelliplate to create 84cm long monoprints.

The first experiments. Exploring landscape...
And  masonry.
This prototype is only 3 segments long but if I add a fourth it will make an accordion which can be formed into a star book.
I'm still not sure abut the covers or what to call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.