Sunday 15 June 2014

Progress of sorts

I decided to make a concerted effort with Personal Histories this week.

I finished the digital illustrations, decided on a cover, printed laminated and stitched a prototype. I liked the idea of a hole in the cover to add another layer of transparency but it doesn’t work in practice. I think I’ll probably put a title in the central panel instead (when I decide what to call it)
Most of the images work but one of the gentlemen needs a stronger surround, at the moment bits of his image are disappearing when printed 
 I used a range of colours in this version to try to decide which to use in the final book. I’ve not made any decisions yet other than not the bright blue.
 I also need to consider some kind of box or wrapping to present it in. I’m not sure whether to use translucent or semi transparent materials or whether to box/wrap it as though it had been long forgotten in some cupboard.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning and truly amazing Jac. My brain is a wee bit boggled trying to work it all out. What great effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I'm now playing with combinations of different colours so that you can read the images behind the one infront as you go through the book (hope that makes sense)

      Delete
  2. These are looking fabulous Jack. Can't wait to see them in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to have then on their way very soon

      Delete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.