Friday 20 February 2015

Plan B

I had thought of making the images in a similar way to ‘Rapunzel’ but it just wasn’t working so I’m working on Plan B

A few years ago I did some work photocopying charcoal drawings onto acetate and then placing them over simple flat underpaintings. Slightly misregistering the layers made the images more interesting. I’m going to try something similar with the risograph, taking advantage of the difficulty of registering colours exactly.

First the charcoal drawing.....
 Then using photoshop to add colour and layers...
And putting these under the text grid.
The image manipulation isn’t quite there yet but I’m confident enough (famous last words) to carry on making all the drawings.

1 comment:

  1. Looks intriguing tho I don't understand the half of it! I like the idea of slight mis-registrations...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.