Thursday 19 October 2017

Medieval snails

It’s time for the annual 20:20 print exchange at HPB.

I had an image already in mind. It developed out of the research I did while developing my response to the medieval book. I made my plate and went to the studio to print, but the block, which was printing oddly from the start, started to break down before I’d got half way through. I’m not sure what I did differently when making it but something wasn’t right.
 I did manage a few good prints out of it, but I’ll have to give the 20:20 a miss this year.

4 comments:

  1. love the image of the strawberry loving snail. I wonder how far back strawberries go as part of our selection of edible berries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were definitely strawberries in the medieval herbal that I found on the British Library website (though they didn't look like the ones I've done here)

      Delete
  2. That's a pity as I think that hexagonal plate works well. Love that colour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the plate shape as well. I think there might be a book in it somewhere.

      Delete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.