Sunday 17 May 2020

Not much to show

I've been playing with ideas this week so some research and a lot of pondering. A lot of scribbles and rough notes but not much that's visually interesting.

Revisiting old panto photos as a possible way into 'Making your mark' since we don't have rehearsals at the moment.

Trying to make drawings for 'Break' and get away from the idea of embossing the image.

Thinking about 'Isolation'. I like the structure l've come up with but it needs printing on both sides of the paper which ideally also needs to be about 60cm long. I can't do that at home. And I don't want to join shorter sections because it will make the whole thing very bulky (and push me over into parcel post rates when I send it out).

Inspired by Annick from Zot van letters I've been using scrap papers to explore Claire van Vliet's book Woven and Interlocking Book Structures, hoping that might help solve the problem.

Not so far, but I have learned two new forms that I want to use in the future.

1 comment:

  1. o wow, Jac, yours looks great too. Yes, in Claire Van vliet's book a whole array of books and varieties can be found and they're all lovely ! Annick

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.