Wednesday 11 November 2020

Just Playing

I’ve been experimenting with making a book using only paper. That’s not difficult I hear you say but I mean only paper, no glue, no thread, no extras. (I am allowed scissors and a knife).

I used A4 coloured copy paper so that I could see the joints clearly but I’m not keen on the colours, they are a bit sugary.


 Although the method of attaching elements and pages means there is some detail on both sides of the page this book definitely has a front and a back.

 The next stage is to devise one with a balance of interest so it can be viewed from both sides. 

And as an experiment here's a video in close up

 



3 comments:

  1. I love this Jac and even enjoy the candy-coloured theme! It adds fun and interest - you can see where bits come from and go to. I have failed to embed videos into my blog and wonder if you have a trick??? Go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm hoping it's the starting point for something with content as well as structure.
      As for the video, I took it on the tablet, then transfered it to the computer. Using the new version of blogger there's an icon next to the insert photo icon that says insert video if you hover over it. It works the same as the inserting photos but it takes ages to process so I'd do it at the end of writing the post. Hope this helps

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.