Saturday 14 January 2012

More Drawing

Still feeling my way through this.

Part of me is responding to the fairy story connotations of the titile and wants to produce a series of images/prints (I tend to think in charcoal.). This is the me that collects childrens books
(though I usually prefer Shaun Tan and Dave KcKean to the more traditional approach.)



The other part of me thinks I should be responding more to themes contained within the original fairy story, Ideas such as imprisonment, isolation, unsucessful protection from loss of innocence. Probably using a more structural, less literal approach using motifs associated with the story.


I'm going to give myself time to play before making decisions. One thing does seem to be evolving though - a response to the tower. So far everyting seems to be tall and thin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.